Friday, November 27, 2009

The Wright One


Here's a little favorite from years past, and the first of many organ records you'll see here at Ernie (Not Bert) this year. I'm sure many old record collectors are familiar with George Wright through the dozens and dozens of records he released over the years. If there's a song you like written before 1970, there's a good chance George has recorded it somewhere. And that includes an awful lot of Christmas music, on both this LP and another (but more on that other one later). Please be my guest and download George Wright At The Wurlitzer Pipe Organ-Christmas Time (Dot DLP 25479, 1962, Stereo).

1. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
2. Silver Bells
3. The Little Drummer Boy
4. What Child Is This (Greensleeves)
5. White Christmas
6. Deck The Halls
7. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
8. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
9. With Quiet Joy
10. Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
11. The Christmas Song
12. Silent Night

5 comments:

  1. The combination Christmas + organ is perfect. Even I got Christmasmusic with an organ on my blog!
    Thanks Ernie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to download this lp, but it appears that the link has expired. Could you repost? Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This link seems to be broken - I can't download.

    I have tried toi convert my LP to digital - mixed results - hope yours is better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty sure both of his Christmas albums showed up as legit downloads at some point, so I quit sharing them out.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...