Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Finally, Something New (Sorta)


Just when you were starting to think I wasn't going to share anything new around here, here's something new. Well, most of it is new. I think some of the tracks were pulled from the first three of those Bob Kames records I re-shared with you today, but that's only 5 of the 16 tracks here. The rest of the tracks are by The King Karoleers, a group I know nothing about, and which may not have really existed. Best I can tell, these tracks came from an early King 10" LP, 295-73, circa mid-50's. When Gusto went through and reissued much of the old King back-catalog, they added the 5 Bob Kames organ pieces, and this LP was the result. The King Karoleers tracks feature an organ as well, but there's nothing on the LP to suggest that's actually Bob Kames. Anyhow, I'm just glad to have something new to share with you this year, and maybe to add a little something to my Bob Kames collection. Please don't hesitate to download The King Karoleers And Bob Kames-16 Traditional Christmas Carols (Gusto/Starday SD-3025, Mono, 1978). I had two copies of this LP, and they had different labels on the vinyl, so I included both of them in the package. Don't say I never gave you anything.

1. Silent Night-King Karoleers
2. Hark The Herald Angels Sing-King Karoleers
3. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear-King Karoleers
4. We Three Kings-Bob Kames
5. Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem-King Karoleers
6. Cantique De Noel-Bob Kames
7. Adeste Fidelis-King Karoleers
8. Noel-King Karoleers
9. Oh Tannenbaum-Bob Kames
10. Rejoice-King Karoleers
11. Joy To The World-King Karoleers
12. Deck The Halls-Bob Kames
13. Away In A Manger-King Karoleers
14. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen-King Karoleers
15. I Saw Three Ships-Bob Kames
16. Good King Wenceslas-King Karoleers

3 comments:

  1. Looks like King Karoleers did exist - I found 2 EPs: Christmas Carols, Vol. 1 and 2, from 1953 (according to 45cat), both released on King Records. Songs are the same as what's on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a little more digging - looks like the 2 EPs were combined into an LP, same year. And appears they were also 78 singles? Or an album on 78s? Need to research more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I think there was a 10" release, I've seen that somewhere. I was more excited by the Bob Kames connection, he was my quest at the time. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...