Monday, March 22, 2010

Up In The Airfest 2010-Part 8


When I saw this B-25 bomber take to the skies at Airfest, I thought we were certain to get some pyro. You know, charges set off on the ground to make it look as if it were doing a bombing run. But they didn't do anything like that this year. Shame, because I always get a kick out of it.

Anyhow, this is the B-25 bomber, one of the workhorses of WWII and later conflicts. I believe this one is named Killer B. All these planes have names. Oh, note that the bomb bay doors are open on this pass.

Nothing too special about this picture, except that you can see the top of the plane a bit. I think they said something about this paint scheme being for North Africa. And there was something special about the stripes around the stars, but I don't remember exactly what it was. Sorry.

I always think it's cool when you can get two planes in the same shot. That's an F-15 on the ground, awaiting it's turn to put on a show in the air.

Ah, here's a shot of this same plane on the ground where you can see the name and the nose art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...