Wednesday, April 28, 2010

An Inflatable Parade


Time to share a few pictures of the giant inflatables that got marched down the street during DC's Cherry Blossom Parade. I thought inflatables were only for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, but I guess I was wrong. First balloon I saw was Elmo from Sesame Street. I'm not entirely sure why he's carrying a fish bowl with a goldfish in it, but I haven't watched Sesame Street in a long, long time.

And there goes Elmo, off to climb the Washington Monument. I suspect the park police are going to have a hard time stopping him.

From furry muppets we move on to giant fruit. Yes, a tomato is a fruit. If you want a giant inflated vegetable, look below.

Here's a giant inflated cucumber. Or is it a giant inflated pickle? I don't know my Veggie-Tales very well, I'm afraid. Ah, this is Larry The Cucumber, and that's Bob the Tomato up above.  Thanks, Wikipedia!

And batting cleanup, it's Garfield the Cat. I don't know if he was the last balloon, but he was the last one I saw. I can only watch so much of this sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...