Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Now With Cherry Blossoms


First order of business when I arrived in DC was to find a way to get pictures of the monuments with cherry blossoms featured in them somewhat prominently. I was worried at first, since the wind was blowing something fierce, and I was dragging around a suitcase, but I managed to get a few shots in my first hour on the ground. You can see the Supreme Court above, with some vivid pink blossoms in the foreground. (This is similar to the shot I posted here on the blog as a sort of teaser for my trip, but I shot that one on the other side of the courtyard.) And below is the Capitol Building, with a different, less showy species of cherry blooming in the foreground.

Why did I have to get these monument & blossom pictures, you may ask? Well, it turns out that at the same time I was taking these pictures, I was missing an appointment with my dental hygienist back in Florida. She had called the day before to remind me of the appointment, which I had completely forgotten about, and I had to reschedule. She said that wasn't a problem, so long as I brought here some pictures like these. So I made sure to get these first. Now I have to remember to print them out and carry them to the dentist with me. If I could only remember the rescheduled date for that appointment...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...