Saturday, November 27, 2010

Behind The Music, Carol Style

I thought I'd go ahead and share this one out since it's got a lot of spoken-word on it, and you guys might like to use that for your mix tapes and stuff.  When I'm looking for music to record for Christmas, I search far And wide.  Thrift stores, junk stores, record stores.  OK, not so wide, but far.  This record turned in my own collection where it appears to have been for years and years without my paying any attention to it, then one day I looked at it and said "What's this then?".  It's a recording of a handful of carols, and a narrator who tells you the history as it was then known behind that carol.  Sort of self-explanatory, but I still gotta say it.  I think some of the stories have changed over the years, as research has proven or disproven things that were once believed to be true, but they're close enough for government work. Please help yourself to a copy of Carols Of Christmas And The Stories Behind Them (Christian Home Music-Produced For The Radio And Television Commission Of The Southern Baptist Convention, PR4M-1528 & 1529, 1963, Mono).  All narration is by Nicholas Ramsey, vocals as indicated.

1. The Story Of 'Away In A Manger'
2. The Baptist Hour Choir-Away In A Manger
3. The Story Of 'Hark, The Herald Angels Sing'
4. The Baptist Hour Choir-Hark, The Herald Angels Sing
5. The Story Of 'It Came Upon The Midnight Clear'
6. The Baptist Hour Choir-It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
7. The Story Of ' We Three Kings'
8. The Baptist Hour Choir-We Three Kings
9. The Story Of 'O Holy Night'
10. Joe Ann Shelton-O Holy Night
11. The Story Of 'O Come All Ye Faithful'
12. Cody Garner-O Come All Ye Faithful
13. The Story Of 'O Little Town Of Bethlehem'
14. Cody Garner-O Little Town Of Bethlehem
15. The Story Of 'I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day'
16. Oris Baldwin & Loeen Bushman-I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire
I need an intern who can type all this stuff up for me. :)

1 comment:

  1. New link for 2023, but I don't think anyone will notice...
    https://mega.nz/file/9JF2yDzQ#9yYRymka-e1hmIprOV7Ys0CXVmFtedO3TjreXUYgzFU

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...