Friday, November 26, 2010

Francophone 3


Continuing on with today's French theme, here's a great little record featuring five dozen French girls.  I've never listened to it and tried to count how many women I hear singing, so I guess I'm going to have to take their word for it.  This is another of those records I've been sharing since my inaugural year, 2005, so I think it's badly in need of a remaster.  But until then you'll have to listen to this, my original rip of  Les Djinnes Singers-60 French Girls With The Christmas Bell Ringers-Joyeaux Noel (ABC Paramount ABCS 397, 1961, Stereo).  Note that there are actually two separate and distinct artists on this records, The Les Djinns Singers and The Christmas Bell Ringers.  I suspect that ABC Paramount didn't have enough leased French Christmas music to put out a full record at the time by a single artist, so they had to consolidate two smaller releases into one album.


01. Les Djinns Singers-Minuit, Chretriens (O, Holy Night)
02. Les Djinns Singers-Nuit Des Nuit (Silent Night)
03. Christmas Bell Ringers-Good King Wenceslas
04. Les Djinns Singers-Il Est Ne Divin Enfant (He Is Born A Divine Child)
05. Les Djinns Singers-Noel 'Trois Anges Sont Venus Ce Soir' (Christmas 'Three Angels We've Seen This Night')
06. Christmas Bell Ringers-Hark, The Herald Angels Sing
07. Les Djinns Singers-Non Beau Sapin (O Tannenbaum)
08. Les Djinns Singers-Pour Noel (For Christmas)
09. Christmas Bell Ringers-God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
10. Les Djinns Singers-Noel, C'est L'Amour (Christmas, This Is Love)
11. Les Djinns Singers-Noel Blanc (White Christmas)
12. Christmas Bell Ringers-O, Come All Ye Faithful

Come to think of it, I haven't seen my copy of this record in quite a while.  I need to keep my eyes open for it.  I think I've seen a mono copy recently, but not the stereo one. You can see more of those candles down at the bottom on the cover of the mono version, I remember that...

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I'm so glad you're back in sharity mode for another year, Ernie. Thanks for all you do. And thanks especially for giving us other options besides Rapidshare this year. That's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ernie, Than ks for your great work - you've really lit up Christmas for us this year!

    As it happens, I'm writing from France. It's interesting to note that the record company seems to have really let down its francophone audience here (no, it's not your fault, it's wrong on the cover!). However, I thought you might nevertheless be interested to know:

    "Joyeux" means happy or joyful, as in the expressions joyeux anniversaire (happy birthday) and joyeux Noël (merry Christmas).
    "Joyeaux" is not a word (but "joyaux" is the plural of "joyau", which means jewel).

    Keep up the good work, and thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...