Thursday, November 24, 2011

Christmas With Elvis

What better way to kick off the 2011 Christmas sharity season than with Elvis?  But since I don't want to get my humble blog closed down by RCA Victor, I'm going to have to go with Elvis, Jr. and not the boy from Tupelo.  I stumbled across this LP a few months ago at one of my regular Goodwill haunts, flipping past it the first time without the name Elvis registering, but my subconscious kicked in and made me flip back to it.  And I'm glad it did, because it's certainly something worth sharing out here.  You can check out the website of Elvis, Jr. here, but there's no mention made of this LP.  I don't know that I quite believe the story told over there, but you can read it and make up your own mind.  For me, I'll go back and listen to my gatefold copy of Elvis' Christmas Album at least twice before I listen to this one again.  But your mileage may vary.  This is Christmas Blessings From Elvis Jr (Son Records BS 003, Stereo, 1986).

MediaFire

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Ernie. Nice way to start the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. You're awful quick on the draw tonight. How long was that up, 2 minutes? :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy thanksgiving and merry christmas too -welcome back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! and I am back to your blog after the summer hiatus... So glad you are here and still doing what you do best. Loved your xmas in July series! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...