Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas At The Apollo

When I first spotted this record, I was sure it said Christmas At The Apollo, and I thought to myself, Wow! This is going to be great.  Then I looked again and realized my mistake, but I was still pretty excited.  It was something I'd never seen before and looked like exactly the sort of thing I could share out at Christmas.  So here it is.  The Apollo Club appears to be a group of male singers, some sort of amateur singing society, but one with great talent.  There may be Apollo Clubs in a number of cites, but this particular one appears to hail from Minneapolis according to the liner notes.  I couldn't find hide nor hair of this record on the internet, or at least nothing that told me anything I didn't already know from owning the LP.  Is it rare?  Probably.  Is it valuable?  No, not really.  It's just a small slice of Christmas past that some of you will enjoy and others will pass by.  If it looks like something you're interested in, then please download Christmas With The Internationally Famous Apollo Club (Soma MG 1216, Mono).  The cover photo was taken at the premier of The Seven Wonders Of The World in Chicago in 1956, so the record probably came out in 1957 or 1958.  Just a guess...

1. Shepherds, Awake
2. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
3. Mary Had A Baby
4. Carol Of The Bells
5. Silent Night
6. The Innkeeper's Carol
7. As It Fell Upon The Night
8. O Bone Jesu
9. Oh Come All Ye Faithful
10. Luther's Cradle Hymn
11. Deck The Halls

MediaFire

I shared another LP on this label some years ago, but here's a link to the 2010 reshare where the download should still be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...