Friday, November 30, 2012

Little Star One

How about a nice story for this, the last day of November? When I was in Atlanta a few months back, I wanted to find a record store, so we discovered a place called Fantasyland Records that was around the corner from the salon of a friend of mine.  We actually had a hard time finding the place because the addressing scheme was funny, but that's a long story.  Anyhow, we go inside and look around, it's a nice place, lots of records, CDs, what-have-you, I'd highly recommend it to anyone who likes records.  After looking around for a bit, I asked the guy behind the counter if they had any Christmas records, even though it was August.  He says yes, follow me, and leads me to the back of the store.  We go through a couple of rooms, down the hall, around a couple of corners, and I kid you not, into a bathroom.  On the floor of the bathroom, opposite the toilet, are a dozen boxes, four of which were Christmas albums.  I go through all the boxes and bought maybe 10 albums, most of which were reasonably priced, some of which I'd never seen before.  That's where the record I'm sharing tonight came from.  I'd never seen it before, yet it seemed very familiar.  It's a nice little story on one side, and the flip side is some good music from a seldom heard suite called The Toy Box.  I'm sure you'll like it, so please download The Little Star Of Bethlehem (Columbia CL 1046, Mono, 1957).

1. Kenny Bowers, Narrator-David Randolph Chorus And The Orchestra Of Ancient Instruments Conducted By David Randolph-The Little Star Of Bethlehem
2.-6. The Stuttgart Symphony Orchestra Conducted By Carl Bamberger-The Toy Box (Ballet Suite)

MediaFire
Torrent

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...