Sunday, December 07, 2014

The Force Is Sorta OK WIth This One

With all the hubbub about the new Star Wars trailer, I figure I should get into the act as best I can.  This Christmas LP is by a singer named Kenny Baker, who I'm pretty sure has no connection what-so-ever with the Kenny Baker who played R2-D2 in all the movies.  But it's fun to imagine.  This is also pretty far from the Meco Star Wars Christmas album, so don't look for a connection there.  In fact, best I can remember, there's only one mention of a wookie anywhere on this record.  But if you're feeling up to it anyway, give a download to Kenny Baker-Carols For Christmas From Kenny Baker (International Records LP 5125 (AKA Christmas Carols From Kenny Baker-Kenart LP KA-6), Mono, 1958).  The LP pictured down at the bottom is another cover I found with the same music on the vinyl.  A re-issue, you might say, designed to fool the poor record buyer into buying the music all over again...  Oh, almost forgot, I first shared this with you in 2010.

1. O Holy Night
2. Joy To The World
3. Medley-It Came Upon A Midnight Clear and Hark, The Herald Angels Sing
4. Angels We Have Heard On High
5. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
6. The First Noel
7. Good King Wenceslas
8. Silent Night
9. While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks By Night
10. Medley-Away In A Manger and O Come All Ye Faithful
11. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
12. White Christmas
13. Deck The Halls and Carol Of The Shepherds
14. Jingle Bells

Zippyshare

2 comments:

  1. Kenny Baker was the original tenor on the Jack Benny Show (in the 1930s). He became popular, made some movies (The Goldwyn Follies with the Ritz Brothers), and later turned to gospel singing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. I remember seeing Star Wars in the theater and remember the associated Christmas Album. I believe I may have learned of it from you in fact.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...