Friday, November 25, 2016

Help Wanted

I think I need an intern.  Anybody out there know how to record vinyl & shellac, declick it, de-noise it, change the EQ, change the speed, cut the audio into tracks, tag all the tracks, scan the artwork, stitch the artwork, edit the artwork, create MP3s, add the artwork to the MP3s, bundle it all up, upload the package to a host, then type all the info into a blog post along with somewhat witty banter, and do it multiple times a day?  Must be familiar with Audacity, ClickRepair, iTunes, ICE, Gimp, Zippyshare, Blogger, 7-Zip and the Windows OS in general.  You also have to answer emails about why people can't download files shared out nine years ago on a hosting platform that no longer exists.  I'm afraid it's an unpaid internship and you don't get to keep the records. Oh, and credits earned are unlikely to transfer.  Vinyl hipsters need not apply.  Leave your resume and a cover letter in the comments. (That should give me more time to go out and dig some crates!)

9 comments:

  1. Hey, I know how to do all that stuff, but I am already busy as my own unpaid intern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a perfect candidate, you even come with your own records!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a lot of work! Sounds like a Master's degree with lots of credit for "life experience" along with a lot of passion and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i do. have been doing it for many years. i can send you a sample of what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm good at the cleanup, EQ bit. Not so great at the recording.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ..and what may I ask would this major domo do for the remainder of each day?
    Algy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The rest of the day? Why sleep, of course. You'd be allowed at least four hours a night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't really do any of those things, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU for doing it to the extent that you do!! At least some of us out here really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...