Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Barney & Hector (No Dinosaurs)

Back in the day, there were only three TV channels, and their airtime wasn't dominated by network programming, but consisted of a lot of locally produced programs.  (They also shut down at night when they had nothing to show, believe it or not!) A lot of those local programs left little bits of ephemera behind, and here's a piece of that detritus.  A couple of Christmas songs from a local Tampa Bay TV show that was on the air before I was born.  I never saw it, or if I did, I don't remember.  WFLA was channel 8, and I spent most of my time watching channel 13.  Take a look around YouTube if you want to learn more about Barney & Hector, they seem to have a little presence there.  But if you want to hear them, please download and give a listen to Barney & Hector-The Night Before Christmas b/w Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer (Fuljac Records 7" 45 RPM FR-6801 (Tampa, Florida), Mono, 1968).

Zippyshare

15 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for everything! But it sure would be nice if you would post in a lossless format, or at least a higher mp3 bitrate. Best, David.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MP3 bitrates don't get any higher when you're dealing with mono sound files. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. I meant to make the comment broader and not just this post. How about lossless for everything?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because there is no such thing. I give more, you'll want more. Just listen to the music. If you like it, go buy the record.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, just how young are you?? If 1968 was before your time, you're just a pup! I turned 15 in '68... it doesn't seem like that long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. debating whether to put this 'rudolph' in my christmas cha-cha set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun record. I think every town had their own local TV kid celebrities, cool that there are still reminders.
    Before I forget, wanted to give you a big thanks for all that you share with us. I love Christmas music and have a large collection, and I dig through the local thrift stores for records too. But you seem to find even more cool things, and many of your shares have become favorites over the years, and I would have never found them without your blog. So again thanks so much, your work is greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ernie,

    Our daughter-in-law works for WFLA (morning meterologist/talk show co-anchor--Leigh Spann). I am sending her a copy of this...she will definitely appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know the name, I'm sure I've seen her on the TV, but I still watch Channel 13 more than 8. Give her my regards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Somebody try this MEGA link for me...

    https://mega.nz/#!RANizQZZ!3ekwk6GLReKspXeG_V7bp2DVDjZOGwE20jC3gsi2YwY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Worked just fine. Thank you, and thank you so much for refreshing so many of these links with Mega versions. It's a wonderful Christmas present, and hugely appreciated. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...