Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Billy & Danny

Before the season gets away from me, here's a little gem that I've wanted to share for a long time, but could never find a copy that played decent all the way through. I finally found this one recently, so I was able to get a rip that's worth listening to, and it's actually in stereo!  I thought I had a good rip last year, but at the last minute I realized that it was missing that big "Stereo Motion" banner at the top, and realized it was a mono version.  Oh, well, I had to keep looking.  But this is a good one, you'll enjoy it if you like Christmas stories.  The big name here is Billy Mure, he composed and plays the music behind the stories.  The voice actors are listed on the labels, but I didn't recognize any of the names, save for one Danny Davis, who may or may not be the Nashville horn player. I'm sure someone will come along with some info and let us know if there's anyone else on here worth some more attention.  In the meantime, please enjoy 'Twas The Night Before Christmas (MGM Children's Series CHS-517, Stereo Motion 17 Of A Series, Stereo, 1964).

1. 'Twas The Night Before Christmas
2. The Little Fir Tree
3. The Night The Animals Talked

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Ernie. This one is completely new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the share. This one has a lot of great Old Time Radio Actors: Jackson Beck, Sybil Trent, Peter Fernandez, Jack Grimes. Seems to have a few with the surname Grimes on this record.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sadly 'Twas The Night Before Christmas link is dead : (

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all but three of the links from last year are dead. Best time to download Christmas music is during the Christmas season, I can't keep it up year round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new link for 2018...

    https://mega.nz/#!FcE1XKSJ!WC-yQaQ-4_AgmmP5hPQbdKgB_Ne1aCVBgJ1z_MQTokY

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was about to share this and checked to see if you did already, which of course you did. It looks like the voice actors did lots of stuff including Speed Racer, GI Joe, Popeye, and Woody Allen's Take the Money and Run.

    ReplyDelete
  7. King, please, share away! I'm sure your ears are better than mine, your remaster work is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...