Monday, December 18, 2017

The Inevitable Organ

You may have thought you were going to get through the entire Christmas season without a new organ share from me, but you were wrong!  This was one of the very first records I bought at the beginning of the year (along with the Jazz At The Olympics record) that I knew I would be sharing out this year.  If not the music, just that cover would be enough to get it near the top of my stack. You know you want to download this to look at it, to gaze at its miniature winter scene, to pore over the details and drink it all in, all while listening to the wonderful music of the Wurlitzer.  That's Christmas, baby! My only regret is that I didn't find a stereo copy, but like all early records on the UA label, they're pretty rare.  I think I was lucky to find this one.  So please download and enjoy Reginald Foort-Christmas In Your Heart (United Artists UAL 4057, Mono, 1959).

1. Joy To The World; O Little Town Of Bethlehem
2. We Three Kings; What Child Is This
3. Deck The Halls
4. O Holy Night
5. Angels We Have Heard On High
6. See Amid The Winter Snow; White Christmas
7. Hark The Herald Angels Sing
8. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
9. Away In A Manger; The First Noel
10. Good King Wenceslas; God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
11. A Christmas Tree Carol; It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
12. Silent Night
13. We Wish You A Merry Christmas; Jingle Bells
14. O Come All Ye Faithful

(Sharp eyed readers will notice that the last two tracks are listed as a single track on the flip side and on the label, but they are two distinct tracks on the vinyl, and the listed time is correct for only the track 13 medley.)

Zippyshare

8 comments:

  1. Reginald Foort is one of those musicians I have been seeing on records for decades now, but have never actually heard. Don't intend to start now, mind you, but I do like the cover! Also, I love it when they actually refer to the Wurlitzer as the "mighty Wurlitzer".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foort's Christmas offerings date way back to 1926. You can hear his voice in this film clip from 10 years later:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsq1UFHoAbQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover pic is pretty cool! The guy in the doorway is appropriately astonished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Love the vintage Xmas organ albums that you share

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a big organ fan, so don't expect to like this myself, but my vow is to at least comment with some sort of appreciation on every post this season, so a thankyou for uploading this one for all organ fans. Meanwhile there's Betty Johnson. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new link...

    https://mega.nz/#!9JEFQYSL!X3fKc0JFQZozS8nWN-JswZT14JPgyUkUNGl6X1YXdI4

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...